Ever wondered if you can use iPhone as Touchpad?, well thats true using the iPhone screen as touchpad is possible and it can easily replace your computers wireless mouse. The iPhone touchscreen has the best touch response than any other smartphone in the market so why not put it to some productive use other than using the phone.
Converting the iPhone into a touchpad is very easy, and you can use it like a trackpad on laptop for free. There are many softwares and apps that can do that but will require setup and mostly aren’t free. So i found this free iphone app that converts the iphone touchscreen into a touchpad and requires no settings or configuration. Moving the mouse cursor is soo smooth and lag free that you will forget if you have actually placed your finger on the iphone touchscreen.
Making use of iPhone As Touchpad
The process of converting the iphone touchscreen into a trackpad is possible with the free Logitech Touch Mouse app for windows and mac os. It requires a user to install the Logitech touch mouse app on iphone and then install a tiny utility called Logitech Touch Mouse Server on computer which connects the iphone over the network to function as wireless mouse.
It uses the local Wifi network to communicate mouse movements from iphone touchpad to the computer or laptop, and most importantly the iphone user and the computer should be on the same wifi network to make it work. Besides acting as a wireless touchpad the iphone app also features a keyboard to complete neccessary tasks, now you woudn’t like to go near the keyboard while operating touchpad from a distance, would you ?
How to connect & operate iPhone touchpad mouse on a computer
The app features a multi touch trackpad with two mouse buttons and center button on screen. The scrolling can be done by touching two fingers and sliding down on screen. Bring the keyboard by tapping the button on the lower left corner and start typing, now an interesting part is that you dont have to stare at your computer display to see what you are typing as the typed text is showed above the keyboard on iPhone. Just sit back relax on the couch and operate your computer from there.
Lets get you started with the iphone touchpad setup.
- First download the logitech touch mouse server for windows 7, vista, xp or mac os and install it.
- Now go to appstore on iphone, search for “Touch Mouse” app by logitech inc. Install it rightway.
- Assuming your iphone and computer are connected to the same wifi network. Run the touch mouse server on computer and also the touch mouse iphone app . You will notice you PC name listed under “Please select a Server” on phone. If not then enter the computers ip address manually.
- A touchpad will be displayed with three buttons on top like in the screenshot below, which means you are ready to use iPhone as touchpad.
- Go ahead and enjoy your new wireless iPhone trackpad.
Here are a few things you should check for.
- Make sure you are on same wifi network.
- Disable firewall or add touch mouse application to exceptions to computers firewall.
- If experiencing mouse lag, then make sure no one else is utilizing the local network bandwidth.
This is the best free method to use iPhone as touchpad. You can operate it at a distance but not beyond the wifi network range, which is still more than any wireless mouse & keyboard available.