Internet brings the vast knowledge of the whole world with a click of the button to your web browser. When you come across an informative webpages around the web it might be a good idea to save bookmarkss for referring later.
Now the most common problem which arises is when the user is on a different computer or a mobile device and is unable to remember the link bookmarked for example on the home computer. This is where bookmark syncing makes your life easy.
Earlier web browser bookmarks were only saved locally and now even chrome and firefox allows you to sync bookmarks across various devices, but usability of it is limited to the chosen browser. The pocket app brings a revolution with quick to save bookmarks, syncing and availability over multiple devices and computers.
Why save bookmarks with pocket app ?
With pocket app all your saved bookmarks are instantly synced across all computers and mobile devices irrespective of the browser you are using. A webpage bookmarked with pocket app is marked as read later, so that a user can access them later from other computer or mobile device and tablet.
The pocket app is available for most popular web browsers as extension / addon, mobile platforms and tablets. It works on Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera. On mobile devices pocket is available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, eBook Reader, Kindle fire etc. Thats the first reason why it undoubtedly kills the inbuilt chrome and firefox bookmark syncing.
Here let me tell you a few more reasons to make pocket your best companion.
- Share & save bookmarks from various apps like reddit, flipboard, twitter, stumbleupon, pulse to pocket and read it later from any device. Pocket app sharing is integrated in over 300 apps for you to bookmark & save content more conveniently.
- Assign tags to the bookmarks to identify a set of bookmarks with a simple search for the tag. This helps classifying all the bookmarks just like one would add an office file to a specific folder.
- View Bookmarks offline – When a page or a link is saved to pocket it automatically downloads the article view which displays formatted view the next time you access the bookmark, if not then it will download the web view. Thus bookmark content is always available in text view or web view offline on computer or mobile device even when you are not connected to internet. Optionally users can disable the offline view download to save bandwidth.
- Email a link to bookmark to pocket from your registered email address or any email account. Paste the link in the body of the email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, if the mail account new in use with pocket you will receive a reply with the link to register that email address only once. Note that only one link is shared at a time in the email body to add to pocket.
- Secure access on public computers – Lets take the worst case scenario when you are using a public computer and need to recall an important bookmark you saved back at home. Now it wouldn’t be wise to sign into chrome or firefox browser and sync all your personal information on a public computer. But if the bookmark was saved to pocket, you could just login to getpocket.com and access all the bookmarks. When your work is done just sign out of the pocket web interface.
And finally when you think the bookmark is no longer needed , just mark it as read and it will disappear from all the devices.
Pocket app is the most smart way to save bookmarks on mobile and computer, with wide platform support, offline viewing and integration with social mobile apps it is a perfect bookmarking app one can use.