Some iphone cydia apps are just worth using because they make your phone cool. The iPhone clock icon on the homescreen does not tell you the actual time but just gives you access to world clock, alarm, stop watch and timer. So the cydia app developer Ryan Petrich thought why not animate the iPhone clock icon to show real time and make it more useful for users. Well its a good idea even though we can check time on the status bar on the homescreen and lockscreen.
The time displayed on the iPhone statusbar might be ignored by some users on general use, unless he really wants to know time. Since the animated content catches more attention, its highly possible that the animated iphone clock will popup in front of your eyes whenever you use your iPhone, thus keeping you always updated with current time and avoid getting late.
To animate the iphone clock icon on homescreen to show real time your iPhone must be jailbroken, sorry for non jailbroken iPhone users but the iOS customization starts with cydia so you might want to reconsider it if you want to take advantage of the awesome cydia tweaks & make you iphone look cool.
Animate iPhone clock icon with “LiveClock” Cydia App
The LiveClock cydia app was updated recently by the developer to work on the latest iOS 5.1.1 . Feel the live analog clock on iPhone homescreen, notice the seconds hand movement after installing this cydia app.
Here is how you can make a working iPhone analog clock icon:
- First add the following repo to cydia – http://rpetri.ch/repo/
- Search & install cydia app “LiveClock” .
- After installation the iPhone will respring.
- Enjoy the analog iphone clock.
The analog clock can be customized via winterboard.
- You can enable or disable live clock.
- Remove the seconds ticking hand from the clock, the clock will still show actual time.
- Use a dark version of the clock & optionally removing seconds hand from the same.