Good news for Apple device owners, iOS 5.1.1 unthethered jailbreak is now available for download. A couple of days ago Pod2g announced that they have successfully managed to make an iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak and informed that it will be released soon. Well the wait is finally over.
Thanks to the Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Team for making such a great contribution to the jailbreak commuity. After a lot of hard work and patience iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak is possible with Absinthe. The new Absinthe jailbreak is available for download for mac, windows and linux.
After a lot of bugs in iOS 5.0 apple released an update to iOS 5.1 which was not possible to jailbreak using such easy method. Then recently iOS 5.1.1 update was available and here we are ready to jailbreak using the simplest absinthe jailbreak.
iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
The Absinthe 2.0.1 jailbreak is a one click jailbreak tool just like before. Download Absinthe jailbreak for your computer from below.
Update : Absinthe jailbreak now updated to absinthe 2.0.4 which includes many bug fixes and support for jailbreaking iPad 2
Currently you can perform an iOS 5.1.1 unthethered jailbreak on the following apple devices:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPod 3G
- iPod 4G
- Apple TV 2
- iPad 1
- iPad 2 Wifi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPad 3 Wifi
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 3 Global
How to use Absinthe 2.0 to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1
- Back your iPhone or other device using iTunes.
- After backing up iPhone, you can optionally go to Settings =>General=>Reset and Erase all content and settings. It is recommened but this step is not mandatory.
- Keep your iPhone connected to datacable and run Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak tool.
- Click on “Jailbreak” and wait for the utility to jailbreak your iPhone.
- After Jailbreak, go to iTunes and restore your device from backup to get back all your apps, photos and settings just like before.
- Thats it now you have an iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.